The Chief Product Officer is a strategic leader, visionary, team supervisor, and an advocate of an organization’s product (or products). The primary goal of the CPO is to lead and facilitate the creation of products that deliver value to both customers and the business. The CPO reports to the BOD of the company.
As a strategic leader, the Chief Product Officer is in charge of a broad scope of product-related activities:
• Product strategy
• Product vision
• Product design
• User research
• Product development
• Product growth and marketing
• Product analytics and metrics
• Structuring the product organization
• Interviewing, recruiting, and supervising product employees and teams
In other words, the CPO is in charge of initiatives across the entire product lifecycle - from customer discovery and user research to development and delivery.
The CPO need excellent leadership skills to supervise and oversee the entire product organization. This ensures that initiatives run smoothly across internal teams, customers, and stakeholders. Capable CPO facilitates communication across the company (between engineers, designers, marketers, customer-facing teams, etc.) and prevent organizational silos. They act as a supervisor to product leads who are responsible for development, UX, and marketing. Thus, they should also have extensive experience in managing and mobilizing cross-functional teams.
• Strategic product vision
The CPO is responsible for the “why” of the product and what to build next. They must then align the company around their overarching vision. When it comes to individual features and products, the CPO ensures that they are in line with business objectives and make adjustments when necessary.
• Sensitivity to customers and users
One of the crucial responsibilities of the CPO is to deeply understand the problems, needs, and desires of customers. The customer discovery conducted by the CPO (and other members of the product team) are necessary to build excellent product experiences, identify proper positioning in the market, and more. This due diligence leads to product success even in the most competitive of industries.
• An eye for data
As the leader of product, the CPO must make objective, data-driven decisions. Seasoned CPO defines the metrics related to product performance and track them on an ongoing basis.
Metrics the CPO might oversee
• Revenue and profits
• User activity and engagement within the product
• Churn rate and retention
• Quantitative and qualitative data is also used by CPOs to evaluate whether products or specific features have reached product/market fit.
Why You‘ll Love Working at VelaCorp?
- Super vibrant startup environment with a talented and very motivated team.
- Opportunity to learn from smart managers with vast experience in e-commerce, product development, data management, and technical engineering.
- Make a great impact for millions of e-commerce businesses.
- Competitive salary package with grow up opportunities at startup speed.
- Up to 15 days off per year.
- Work remote from home flexible.
- 2 performance reviews per year.
- Team building monthly, company trip every year,13th Salary, Performance Bonus.
- On-the-job training and coaching with smart and friendly experts.
- Union and other activities every month (8/3, 20/10, Mid-Autumn, Year-End Party, v.v...)
- Free tea, coffee, snacks for member every day.
- Free Parking fee every month.
Connect to VelaCorp
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/velacorp
- Fanpage: facebook.com/jobvelacorp
- Hotline: 0862.724.221 (Ms. Hòa)
BE VELAER - BE COOL - BE WINNER